Pages

Friday 24 March 2017

Whanaungatanga Experience

Whanaungatanga Experience

The purpose of this whanaungatanga experience was too build up our confidence and to bond with our pairs.  This was a good thing for us because we're learning how to build relationships with our pairs and how to work together with people we don’t hangout with. This was a good thing it really did help us and I hope that this will carry on for our school.

When we went to Polyfest I was happy because it was my first time but to be honest I didn’t really enjoy it because the stage that I wanted to see perform was the tongan stage but they were mainly doing the speech competition. There speeches were about road safety. The main purpose of us going to Polyfest was to learn about the different cultures. But it was cool there as well. What I enjoyed was the activities they had set up for us to try win something. But it was still a  great day for polyfest. After polyfest it was time to go back to school but me and these two other boys didn’t go on the bus we went with are teacher in her car. When we got to school we played games for a while but then we had to go home and get ready for our sleepover.

When I got back to school there was only like are little bit of people but as the time went on people started arriving. It was are fun night. What I really enjoyed about the sleepover was the fiafia night because we had some people go up and do funny performances. After our fiafia night it was time for bed. The reason why we stopped the fiafia night was because me and these other boys were sleeping during the performance. In the tent I was sleeping in there was about 11 people including me. We got in trouble most of the time because we were the loudest tent and it took for ages for us to go to sleep.

After our sleepover  we went to the pools. The first activity we done at the pools was team building activities we had to race the other teams to the end of the pool. I think I only won two or three races that day. After the races we had morning tea. When we finished eating we had free time what I mainly did was play rugby. But sometimes it got are little bit to rough for us to play. When we stopped playing rugby we went and played around in the pool. It was a hot day. When we finished we went back to school and we had to share what our highlights for thursday and friday was.

I hope that if the school does this again that we should sleep at school for more than one night. This was a cool thing for us to have because we got to bond with people we don’t really talk to. There was really no problems with this experience. To me I found fun, enjoyable and exciting.

20170317_100830.jpg20170317_100043.jpg20170316_132534.jpg20170316_125551.jpg20170317_101550.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment